IMPORTANT: IN THE EVENT OF A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL EMERGENCY SERVICES. The Services are not designed or intended for use in the diagnosis or treatment of disease or other conditions, and the Services do not constitute medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider prior to making any decisions related to your health.
- The Services are not available in all languages and it is intended for use by adults (18+) only in the United States.
- No Substitute for Medical Advice. THE SERVICE CANNOT AND IS NOT INTENDED TO REPLACE THE RELATIONSHIP YOU HAVE WITH YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL(S). The Service is intended to be a value-added digital service tool, easily accessible for a defined set of symptoms associated with COVID-19. THE SERVICE IS NOT DESIGNED, INTENDED OR APPROPRIATE TO ADDRESS SERIOUS, EMERGENCY, OR LIFE THREATENING MEDICAL CONDITIONS AND SHOULD NOT BE USED IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES. If at any time, you have or suspect that you have a serious or life-threatening condition, call 9-1-1 immediately or go to the emergency department. When in doubt, call your doctor or go to the closest emergency department. The Services are provided to you solely as a tool to assist you. Sharecare is not providing any medical advice or services nor is it recommending any medical provider. If you or a third party use the Services to communicate with a healthcare professional, you understand that the Services are only a communication channel and management system, and that Sharecare is not liable for the content of any such communication.
- The Services are not fail-safe and are not designed or intended for use in situations requiring fail-safe performance or any use in which an error or interruption in the Services could lead to severe injury to business, persons, property or environment. The Services should not be relied upon for emergency intervention.
- Content. The content has been reviewed and tested, but is not, and cannot be, error-free or be used in lieu of a physician’s advice and clinical evaluation. No natural language processing system or software can correctly interpret all words, phrases, or utterances that a person can speak or write. The content relating to this triage engine and any other triage symptom checker cannot be error free in providing recommendations for the best level of care needed for a person with symptoms. The content cannot and is not intended to provide a medical diagnosis and medical information is provided only for educational purposes. The information provided or resulting from use of the content should not be used as a substitute for the care and knowledge that a doctor can provide to you. The user bears all risks associated with the quality and the performance of the content. The user assumes all responsibility associated with using the content and for acts or omissions arising out of the use or misuse of the content.
- For Covered Entities. For Sharecare enterprise customers (employer-sponsored health plan, health provider, and health insurer Covered Entities), Sharecare may offer this services under its HIPAA-governed relationship with you. Specifically, in such a scenario, Sharecare is operating as either your Business Associate or sharing any specific protected health information pursuant to a valid authorization and consent of the user of the Services. In such case, HIPAA and any terms of an applicable Business Associate Agreement will govern.
- Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL SHARECARE BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, CORRUPTION OR LOSS OF DATA, FAILURE TO TRANSMIT OR RECEIVE ANY DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, RECOMMENDATIONS, AND SERVICES OR ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY SHARECARE, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF SHARECARE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Contact Us. For any questions, issues, or other communication, you can contact Sharecare at firstname.lastname@example.org or correspond with us in writing at:
Attn: Compliance Department
255 E Paces Ferry Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30305